Stepprogram cancels, finding the reason (Step 7)

userxyz

Hi,

I'm at a company where they have the problem that a pressprogram cancels without knowing the reason. All stepbits comes from DB83.
I implemented a Logging (in the PLC).

log.jpg

After Step 4 the program ended..., this while the end_step parameter is only true for step 9.

When I do a cross reference for what can reset the step bits I get:

Cross.jpg

So when we look in the networks that are cross referenced:

Prop.jpg

VW.JPG

Rst.JPG

As you can see I allready programmed a counter on the resetbutton (transfers zero to DB83.DBD0) too.

Without an end_step parameter and without a reset, de steps cannot be resetted. But, as you can see in the logging, it does reset.

This can come from an HMI, but I allready checkend, no tags to DB83 are configured.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in forward !!

Kind regards,
Gerry

at each reset point - add (set) a unique debug bit (dont reset it) then once the event happens again you will know which reset point is causing the issue.

To help in future add a alarm message to each cycle abort explaining why.

Th

Thanks for your help.
The problem is that this happens not all the time. About 5 times on 25 pressprograms. But allmost allways in steps 4 and 5.

at each reset point - add (set) a unique debug bit (dont reset it) then once the event happens again you will know which reset point is causing the issue.

To help in future add a alarm message to each cycle abort explaining why.

Thanks for your help.
The problem is that this happens not all the time. About 5 times on 25 pressprograms. But allmost allways in steps 4 and 5.

Well, I see that as even more reason to add invidual debug bits if you really want to find it.

Out of curiosity, how often one pressprogram is executed? is it once a day or 100 day (im sure you get the point)?

Ok

Just addad the debugbits and connected them to animations on the PC Runtime. The reset of all the bits is done on start.

10 programs each day.

Thanks.

Well, I see that as even more reason to add invidual debug bits if you really want to find it.

Out of curiosity, how often one pressprogram is executed? is it once a day or 100 day (im sure you get the point)?

:)

Found the error.
The recipe object can download to a buffer DB. There are 2 exact machines. They can load the downloaded recipe (in the buffer) to machine P1 or machine P2. In P2 there were bits used from the buffer for the end steps. Wrong adressing.

Problem solved.