PV1200 RIO to PV Plus 1000 RIO conversion

wa5yom

I have an old PV1200 RIO connected to a PLC5.
I am converting the PV1200 RIO to a PanelView Plus 1000 RIO with the latest firmware.

First, I converted the PV1200 file to a PV1400E.
I imported the PV1400E to FactoryTalkView and created a new project.

I have already configured RSLinx Enterprise with a shortcut to the PVRIO.

As part of the PV conversion process, TAGS and Allases's were automatically created. The Tags appear to point to the Aliases's. I am not sure how the Aliases's are pointing to the Block transfers.

How do I know that the Aliases's are configured correctly?

Thanks,
Tim

Eeewww.....

Went through a similar experience, it was a nightmare....

We ended up mapping out all data in each transfer to the tags in the Panelview...I will never do a this conversion again, the amount of time we spent converting versus completely re-writing was staggering. Lost boat loads of money on that project.

It's tedious, but you'll have to go through it all to make sure the conversation put it in the right spot. Also, not all graphics can be converted, you may have some graphics that don't work correctly that you'll have to re-do.

Sorry I don't have much useful info to give you ;)