error while cross referenece generate S7 project

harrydeharry

in one of my S7300 project when I am trying to generate the cross reference it gives an error " unable to setup connection between the two objects.
Thanks for help
Regrads
Harry

Generate error.JPG

Save as and mark the slow thing.
You can't walk away. If you used different versions of simatic or wincc (flexible) before in your project and never dit this before. Simatic manager gonna ask you some question.
I don't know that it gonna fix the probem.
But i think you have a good chance.

Does it happen for any STEP7 project ?
If so, reinstall.

Or does it only happen for one project ?
If so, delete the cross reference and generate the xref again.
If that does not help, try to reorganise the project, and generate the xref again.

go and find the S7xutapx.exe

Mine is under c:\Program Files\Siemens\Step7\S7XUT

If you double click this exe- Does the cross reference program run??

If so browse to your project

What happens??