Wonderware Historian

anupkumarv

HI,
We have an application created in .NET.

One of the requirements is to retrieve meter data for equipment from a “Wonderware Historian” application using OPC.

How do we implement this. Any idea is appreciated.

Thanks,
Anup

There are only 2 ways to get data out of the Historian. One way is to query the Runtime database, which would be quite a task to code using .Net. The 2nd way is to use the Historian IO Server (refer to the Historian Help for more info).

There is a third, and I believe better way to access the data, but it doesn't use the Historian... this method would be to configure a Wonderware DAServer to communicate directly to the meter (or PLC). The DA Server is a native OPC Server.

Lastly, Wonderware has a solution for Energy Management which does exactly what you are writing custom code for... and by chance the "out of the box" solution may cost less than your engineering time and be more sustainable. Just saying.