Importing Add-Ons Backward Compactability in RSL5K

aradhonline

See friends .I have got a bunch of add-ons in the latest major version 19. But when i import and export this to the version 16 i am getting an error this R5L cannot be imported. I am sure from 16 onwards they have introduced add-ons and it allows to create inside it. Is there any workaround?

You mean Add-On Instructions ?

In general, RSLogix 5000 features are forward compatible, but not backward compatible. RA doesn't design new releases with the ability to automatically strip out, disable, or convert features to older designs.

I think that v16 still used a simplified proprietary text format for Import/Export, and that changed to XML in v17. That's just my recollection and may be incorrect, but it means that the Import/Export files probably have more than just a header value difference. You can check by opening them in a text editor.

In general if you are going to develop or share objects between multiple versions of RSLogix 5000, do your development in the earliest common version.