BACNet to Ethernet I/P Gateway?

dginbuffalo

Well i successfully completed the Modbus RTU to Ethernet I/P project and now i have a BACNet MS/TP to Ethernet I/P, CompactLogix project. Trane Chiller info to AB PLC. Any suggestions on a gateway to do this?
🍻

Are you going to be a BACnet MS/TP server or client? The Red Lion Data Station works great as a server but I have not tried using it as a client to read from another device. The Red Lion Allen-Bradley native tag driver is pretty nice too.

Not sure how that works? i would need to read/write data between the Red Lion HMI to the Trane Chiller. Also read/write from PLC to HMI to chiller.

Im curios how your communicating with the chillers? I would like to collect data from Trane RTHB chillers and not sure where to start. do i need the TCI Modules?

Jeff you need to find out what protocols that trane speaks. A quick call to your rep should tell you.