Save actual data - with RS5000 (Compact Logix)

IBFS

With RS5000 ... if the OFFLINE-SOFTWARE was not changed
compared to the ONLINE-VERSION then you are able to go
ONLINE without loosing the "actual data".

But how is the way when the OFFLINE-VERSION ist never?
(for ex. you made some changes at night at your hotel suite)

In that case you have to go RUN-STOP-RUN-Way. In that case
all ONLINE-VALUES are killed.

Please show me your solutions regarding that problem.

Thx

Frank

When you install RSLogix 5000 you will notice some tools that you can install with it (compare tool, task monitor, CPU security). There is one called something like Tag Preservation Download tool (I'm going off of memory here). This tool will allow you to do exactly what you are after. It will download a program for you and let you either use the data tables that are already in the PLC, or use the ones that are in the offline file.

I think it is pretty new, so it may only be available for newer versions of RSLogix5000.

There is one called something like Tag Preservation Download tool (I'm going off of memory here). This tool will allow you to do exactly what you are after.

Well, I will try to find that. If you remember the name in the
meantime - I would appreciate that.

Thx

Frank

http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwellsoftware/design/rslogix5000/whatsnew.html

Run-Time Partial Import

Deploy and maintain continuous applications while minimizing the risk of downtime.
While the system is running, you can add new programs, routines and add-on instructions
as well as replace existing programs and routines. You can implement even sweeping control
strategy changes without affecting production.
In addition, you can download routines without affecting online data. New tags and
User-Defined Tags are created automatically, as needed, with values initiated from the
import file, while data values of existing tags are maintained. You can deploy changes
or additions to a running system that were developed and tested off line.

EDIT: It seems to me, that this functionality ist included since V17.
But there is a poor description for the special feature.

http://www.rockwellautomation.co.uk/applications/gs/emea/GSDK.nsf/files/au_dk_09_material/$file/ET2WBK.pdf

Frank

Last edited: