Card Readers for use w/ Allen Bradley PLC?

FNC

Has anyone ever used a card reader(for swiping id cards) connected to an Allen Bradley PLC?

If so which card reader and how difficult was it to integrate?

Many years ago we had a machine that used magnetic card readers on the HMI connected to a PLC controlled machine. They were remarkably durable and easy to program, but I don't recall the mfg. name.

I've used pcProx Readers from RFIDeas integrated with a PV+ 600 but never directly to the PLC. It was extremely simple to integrate. USB connection to the PV+. It acted as a keyboard. It did require the user to press a button prior to swiping the card so that the PV+ would pop up a text entry box, but in our application that didn't cause any problems.

Similar Topics

I've been spoiled by Ethernet/IP. Recently started using some Vision Cameras and Barcode readers that communicate via Ethernet/IP with a...
Replies
Views
I am looking into combining a Credit Card Reader with HMI/PLC software. I am attempting to turn the HMI/PLC software in Point Of Sale (POS)...
Replies
Views
Omron AD081-V1 Analog Input Card Offset & Gain Adjustment Entering Adjustment Mode 1. Set the input card in adjustment mode (Turn ON Dip SW No-1)...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Has any of you tried to change the IP Gateway of the PLC (of course, essentially of the ENBT card), while in a redundant configuration...
Replies
Views
What happens if you power up a 1783-MS10T with a Compact Flash card from a 1783-MS06T? Does it work, but with the "extra" ports unconfigured? If...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom