Help programming a pvp 700

stu

Hi guys
When you set up your triggers when data logging where can you view the log display ? Is there a video or step by step guide on to to data log thanks stu

If you do not have it you can find the users guide on the Rockwell Literature Library, under Software->Performance & Visibility.

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/public/documents/webassets/browse_category.hcst

A direct link to the file is http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/viewme-um004_-en-e.pdf

In general you will first setup your log file. For the PV+ you can only define one log file and it must contain all the historical pens you want to log. Downside to this is that you can only have one trigger (time or expression) to start/stop logging all your pens. Also, do not forget to select your datalog to start in the system start-up settings from the project settings.

Once you have the log file setup you can then setup the trend. On the trend properties you will see below the pens you can select the datalog model to reference. Make sure you use the same pens that you defined in the datalog. Hope that helps some. Attached picture of the pens tab on the trend properties.

Oh, also if you installed the examples with FactoryTalk ME there is an example in the project "Objects 5 Screen Demo".

Darren

TrendLog.GIF

Last edited:
Other thing to note. I was told many years ago by a Rockwell Tech support person that if you are using the datalog it is the best idea to use a memory card to log the data to. It appears that early on in the PV+ lifetime there were some issues with how long the internal flash would last writing to it all the time with log data. Sometimes the internal flash would fail and the PanelView would no longer start up. Do not know if that could still be an issue, but memory cards are cheap compared to a PV+, so I have always followed that advice and so far have not had any problems from PV+ internal flash issues.

Darren