Factory talk view studio promlems.

bobwithdana

When I load a large Factory talk view studio (network) project my screens turn all white and refreshing the screens tends to help but its so bad everytime I try to open a display that its unusable. This tends to also happen running ME but only after I have ran multiple projects and a simple reboot will solve it. With this large SE project I cant work with it.

I heard they may be a regestry edit that solves this problem byt I cant find anything on the knowlege base.

Thanks Bob

BTW am running version 5.1

"Screens turn all white" ? That's a symptom I haven't heard of before.

Can you describe more about this symptom or what you think might be involved ? Are you using a lot of background image files ?

Have you examined the Windows resource monitor to see if FTView is taking up a significant portion of resources ? Which Windows OS are you running in ?

Well there's one SE issue I haven't heard of! When you say the screen goes white, you mean everything? Including the static objects? Does it happen on all the clients? Are you fully patched up?

The screens are blank, the entire window is mostly white. If I press in the top right corner of the window to minimise the window and restore it the window redraws itself properly but if I open a display the display opens all blank. continuiously minimise and restoring windows will redraw the screens but you cannot develop like this. Running windows XP SP3

I found this on the knowelegebase but it did not help.

I am using my laptop with a second monitor. I will try it tomorrow on the Laptop undocked. Going home now. Thanks a lot.

Desktop Heap Allocation in the Registry
The size of each desktop heap allocation is controlled by the following registry value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\SubSystems\Windows
Default Registry Value
The default data for this registry value will look something like the following (all on one line):
%SystemRoot%\system32\csrss.exe
ObjectDirectory=\WindowsSharedSection=1024,3072,
Windows=On SubSystemType=WindowsServerDll=basesrv,1 ServerDll=winsrv:UserServerDllInitialization,3ServerDll=winsrv:ConServerDllInitialization,2 ProfileControl=OffMaxRequestThreads=16

The solution is to modify the SharedSection value (highlighted in the registry key above) by increasing its third value (highlighted in blue) from 512 to 1024. The modification has been already included in the attached registry key. After the registry is applied, a reboot is mandatory.

Thanks

Yeah, it sound like some sort of video problem. You say that your pressing the screen? You have a touch screen? Is this a development system?

Let's assume for a moment that it isn't a hardware issue as that would likely appear in other places besides FT View.

Is this occuring in FT Studio or in the Client? Does this occur only on existing displays or also when you create a new one?

Is this a touchscreen or are we just reading your message a little to literally?

OG