Errors connecting to DL05 PLC

schechter

I am new to PLC's and am having trouble with the most basic step, connecting to my PLC. I am using a DL05, and Directsoft5 software (free 100word version).

After wading through a few other errors, we are now consistently getting the following errors.
- Support for the PLC type specified in the link is not installed.
- Comm error unlocking PLC; Data Error

Has anyone had experience with these errors? Any advice on troubleshooting?

First, check to make sure the Comm port you want to use is not being used by some other program. Hopefully, it is a Real physical RS232 comm port, not a USB adapter. I've never tried to use the ethernet port, so, I can't help you there. Next, test your comm cable if possible, on another setup. Next, delete the current link you are trying to use, hopefully, you only have one link. Then, you can start over. Here are some of the primary how to steps to establish comms with the PLC. Using the DS5 program Software, Click on DSLaunch , then Click on the DirectSOFT32 Program, then Click on the New Project box, then Click on DL-05 plc in Type box, Type in a project name in the New Project Name box, then Click on PLC tab, then Click on Connect box, a Select Link box pops up, Click on Add button or Link Editor button, follow the choices from there.

If this is the first time you have ever connected to the DL05 then use Port 1 on the PLC it will always be configured for K Sequence and 9600 baud and the device ID is defaulted to 1. Port 2 is probably not configured yet.

Connected

After several inidcations that the USB -> Serial connectors would not work, I located another PC with a serial port built-in, that did the trick. My PC gave me every indication that the USB/serial adapter was working, but it simply would not connect.

Now I just have to figure how to program this things...