Bit at ControlLogix reset after SCADA shutdown

flyers

Hi guys,

My colleague is facing a problem at site where the SCACA (FT Talk SE) and PLC (ControlLogix). There is a push button to bypass the alarms function in the PLC, when click once, bypass is enable (bit set to "1" in PLC), when click the 2nd time, the bypass is normalized (bit set to "0" in PLC).

This is working well, until he shutdown/restart the SCADA workstation (FT Talk SE), once the workstation is shutdown, the enable bypass bit automatically reset to "0". All the alarm bypass normalized automatically. Meaning we can't shutdown the SCADA workstation when we want to bypass the alarms.

Does anyone knows if there is any setting that we missed out or should check with?

Thanks.

What type of button did he use? Maintained maybe..
You could switch to momentary and do all the coding in the PLC if it isn't already this way.

HTH

What type of button did he use? Maintained maybe..
You could switch to momentary and do all the coding in the PLC if it isn't already this way.

HTH

Hi,

He's using maintained type. There is no other way we can do it without disturbing the PLC (system is running). Is this condition normal for FT (when SCADA shutdown, bypass bit normalize to '0')?

You need to describe better what you are doing.
What is an "Alarm Bypass Bit" ? There is no such FTView built in device, so it is something that you guys created.

Also, FTView does NOT write values out to tags on shutdown (it hardly writes them out when commanded to), unless you have scripted it to do so.

And why can you not 'Disturb' the PLC, ControlLogix fully supports online editing.