Encoder with MLGX1400

PSSPL

For one of my SPM applications, I have to measure profile of a job having crests and troughs like a lock key. I intend to move the job in horizontal direction using the servo and intend to use a rotary Quad type encoder with a very fine arm connected to its shaft soo that the arm touches the profile as the job moves. This results in rotation of the encoder in either direction though the rotation is less that 180 deg. Number of pulses shall be proportional to the height at various points on the job. An Array of values from both the encoders shall give me the profile at various points.

For this I intend to use Koyo encoder TRD-J1000-RZ for the arm and MLGX 1400. I connected A & B inputs to I:0/0 & I:0/1 respectively and configured HSC0 in MOD 6. I observed that the ACC value always counts up. On connecting the Z signal at I:0/2, the value was changing (Incrementing as well as decrementing) however the net value was not coming to zero even when I was moving from one fixed point to other point and vice versa. In fact the difference is large to be ignored.

Kindly help incase someone has come across similar issue. Thanks