GE Versamax 64

fred29

Hello all
I'm trying to setup a device server to my GE versamax 64 an I'm not sure how to set it up. It's a Digi connect sp the PLC is using the port 2 RS-232 set at serial 19200 8 odd none 1.

First make sure that you have this correct
"port 2 RS-232 set at serial 19200 8 odd none 1"
19,200 baud
8 data bits
odd parity
none handshaking
1 stop bit
If this is correct, set both ends of the cable exactly the same then verify that your cable is correct.
Here is the PLC end, yes Port 1&2 are the same when set for RS-232**.
** Except for there is no 5VDC on pin 7 for Port 2
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=437007&postcount=5
Also:
It may help if we knew what protocol you are trying to use.

Last edited:
GE versamax 64

I'm new to plc's an I'm not sure about the protocol. I'm trying to fix my machine. The company I got the machine from is out of business so I'm on my
own. Only using pin 1 3 an 4

Yes, ask the processor.
To do this look at the hardware configuration to see how it is set up.
Port 2 on a 64 point VersaMax PLC can be set for SNP, RTU, or Serial I/O (ASCII). Pretty straight forward for RS-232 on Port 2.
What does the cable look like, and what does the "Digi" device want?

I'm new to plc's an I'm not sure about the protocol. I'm trying to fix my machine. The company I got the machine from is out of business so I'm on my
own. Only using pin 1 3 an 4
Not on your own, we are here, just ask the right questions.
Do you have information on the other end, the Digi what-ever?

GE Versamax

Ok it's Serial I/O an the Digi is the device server that I'm using but I think I'm going to change to the Moxa Nport I think it's a little more easy to setup.

Well, unless you tell me how the Moxa Nport works I likley can not help with it either. Sorry.
R~

GE Versamax

Sorry the Moxa Nport 5150 is a serial device server for the RS-232 I think some how I have to map a com to it. Because from the PC side I have a address that I have to connect to.The PC address is 172.16.0.98 an the address for the PLC is 172.16.0.99 an the port is 5002. So how should I setup the device server

Sorry, but you will need someone MUCH smarter than I.
As I have no idea of how to map a serial device to an IP address like that without a "protocol converter". such as the IC200UEM001.

Last edited: