FTV - Passing Placeholders Twice?

BillRobinson

Here's basically what I'm trying to do. I have three "levels" of displays (L1,L2& L3)in factory talk view SE, and i want to pass a parameter (placeholder) from L1 to L2 and then from L2 to L3. The parameter I'm looking to pass is an int array (A[20])

So from L1 there is a button that takes you to L2 with the command of:

Display "L2" /T A[0]

Now on L2 all items are referenced with placeholder #1 any everything jives. But when i try to pass this though a button on L2 that takes you to L3 with command:

Display "L3" /T {#1}

I get "component does not exist".

Anybody know if this is possible to do? The reason i'm doing this is because i want to pass each array element to a L2 screen.

I once did something like this, I used VBA to do it though.
This opens a new displays with the current parameterfile and closes the current one. (Don't forget to select "VBA Control" for the Object that you are using as a button).
Code:
Private Sub Button6_Released()
On Error GoTo ErrorTrap
ShowDisplay "mydisplayname", "/p" & Me.ParameterFileName
Me.Unload
Exit Sub
ErrorTrap:
LogDiagnosticsMessage "Error: [" & Hex(Err.Number) & "] " & _
    "Error message", ftDiagSeverityError
End Sub
It may be possible to do it without vba, but it was more cost/time-effective for me to do it in vba than to waste time trying to figure out what was needed to do it in the native enviroment.

/Andreas

I actually found out that if you remove the quotes around the display name it works. The quotes automatically go around the display name when you go through the command wizard. Way to go Rockwell!