Powerflex 753 Position Control

blystovski

Has anyone done point-to-point or absolute position control using an AB Powerflex 753 drive? If so, what are the key points to making it work? With P2P, how do you program the the two "points" in the drive? With absolute, is the position setpoint simple a number of encoder pulses? How do you determine where the "zero" is?

Thanks for any help guys!

~John

Are you talking about a single stand alone drive or multiple drives?

If you are trying to do a coordinated system then that is not what the 753 is geared for but the 755 is. That is the primary difference between them.

753 standalone

755 system Drive

Are you using in conjunction with a plc or are you trying to do it in the drive logix?

You also want a high res encoder as good as you can afford. The higher res the encoder the better the control is.