controlnet dummy taps

bce123

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have been reading AB I can get my eyes on and have not found [yet] an AB doc. that tells me if i can install a 1786-tcap dummy tap. then remove it to install latter to install a unscheduled panelview node without shuting down the network. anyone know where to find this info from AB or have experince with this? Thanks, Steve
edit: would realy like the docs as this is a fairley large process with several processors and 4 networks could post program and c=net files if this helps but i would really like to learn as much about this as i can before trying to add this.

Last edited:
OK I even tried this
Your search "controlnet for dummies" did not match any products.

ok how about if i unplug a divice . at say dode 4 would it crash the network? i think this would be about the same?

ok maybe this will help i have found statements like this:

Nodes may be removed or connected to the ControlNet network.
Unconfigured devices, when added to a running network, will
remain in a listen–only state until configured. If the device was
already configured in the CCM reservation table, the network CCM
will configure the device and bring it online.

• A new device does not require a Network Change, but it does
require network bandwidth to be available for the new device.
• Execution of the Network Change procedure is required if there is
not enough available bandwidth, probably because the bandwidth
was not pre-allocated.
• Bandwidth may be pre-allocated and reserved for future use.
• If there is enough bandwidth for the new device, a Port Change
can be used to adjust some of the port parameters for the device.

thanks. mickey been there I also have Cat. No. 9220PDG51) Product
Developer’s
Guide
but I'm having trouble finding a definite answer to wether this procedure will cause a crash I have never used c-net before and can not afford to play with this system. It has only two down times scheduled per year. i allready dont like the fact that it has the unscheduled nodes set to 99 but this could be a plus to me adding an unscheduled panelview just want to be sure it will work before i do it