SIWAREX - Questions

mjaye65

Good Morning All,

We have big bulk storage tanks on a vessel. They are teardrop in shape with 4 legs supporting the weight. Each leg has a load cell under it. These load cells are brought together in one local junction box and then paralleled together. There is two excitation sources brought into this box from the remote PLC Cabinet. There is only one Signal output back to the Remote PLC Cabinet and into a SIWAREX card.

I have measured the independent signal voltages and see a difference between each. I cannot understand how this paralleled arrangement can provide an accurate weight representation of the tank. When this vessel rocks and rolls as it travels across the oceans in this arrangement I believe we show in accurate gains and losses in weights. If this system was configured with Independent inputs from each cell you would see a drop in one load cell which corresponds with a gain in weight on another.

At one point the factory representative said the arrangement is additive, but once I explained parallel voltages he change his opinion, but he still says the system can adjust for any variance and I cannot see how it could possibly do this.

So I thought I would write my piers here and see if they know how they could have this opinion. Being a vessel I cannot ask them to come see it for themselves.

Thanks