Rsview32 "goto" screen selection help

escoplcguy

hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone could help me. I would like to have a display that pops up when I click on a button that I have already created called "goto screen". I have about 47 screens and currently I have a screen that pops up when you hit the goto button with a bunch of active text. When you click on the name of the screen you want that screen pops up. I wanted to know if there was a way to do it like either of these ways....

Rename each display to a number and when I click on goto screen an input number box pops up and when I type in the number of the screen I want and press enter that screen pops up or b using a combo box list to have a screen selection dropdown menu. After clicking on the screen you want that screen pops up.

I have never used VBA or macros, so if this is an extensive VBA or macro job can you help me in this area as well...

hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone could help me. I would like to have a display that pops up when I click on a button that I have already created called "goto screen". I have about 47 screens and currently I have a screen that pops up when you hit the goto button with a bunch of active text. When you click on the name of the screen you want that screen pops up. I wanted to know if there was a way to do it like either of these ways....

Rename each display to a number and when I click on goto screen an input number box pops up and when I type in the number of the screen I want and press enter that screen pops up or b using a combo box list to have a screen selection dropdown menu. After clicking on the screen you want that screen pops up.

I have never used VBA or macros, so if this is an extensive VBA or macro job can you help me in this area as well...

Not sure about RSView 32 (although usually it is the same), but in FactoryTalk View, under Global Connections, there is a setting for "Remote Display Number", which does just what the name implies. You can assign a device tag to this setting, which you can control in your PLC.

You could use a numeric input button on your "goto screen" screen and write that value to the tag (let's call it "PLC_SCREEN_SELECT"). You will have to make sure that all your displays in your application are numbered under "display settings" in sequential order, and that the min/max values on "PLC_SCREEN_SELECT" are within the range of your screen numbers so that you don't reference a non-existing screen.

TIP: "Remote Display Number" circumvents runtime security, so you may have to re-number any screens that you want to be secure to be outside the range of your numeric input

I'm sure there's a baker's dozen other ways to accomplish what you're wanting to do, but this is how I would do it.

Good Luck.

Dustin

🍻

Also, I would add something like this to your PLC program to reset your screen select tag after the change has taken place, because as long as "Remote Display Number" is > 0, the PLC and only the PLC has control of the display selection.

Screen Select Screenshot.jpg

Hope this helps ya.

hey guys,

I wanted to know if anyone could help me. I would like to have a display that pops up when I click on a button that I have already created called "goto screen". I have about 47 screens and currently I have a screen that pops up when you hit the goto button with a bunch of active text. When you click on the name of the screen you want that screen pops up.

If all you want is that button to call the pop up window and that is already working, then you can simply copy and past that button to all the screens.

It opens the display with the list of screens, When you operate the touch animation on the text, this opens the new screen...no need for VBA, and IIRC, RSView32 Works has ellipsis buttons to help you build the required commands from within the buttons or the touch animation on any object.

Correct me if I misunderstood your goal...call the goto screen pop up from anywhere, right?