Memory - i wish i had some!

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does a ML-1100 have any non-volatile memory without the use of a battery, similar to an Automation Direct DL06? I've heard about the "super capacitor" but it seems the program stays around for many months without power. I want to let the user put a few values into power loss memory. Do i have to buy a battery?

narlin

Thank you. Yes. Mine was shipped without one, or else someone took it out. I glean from the answers here that a battery is my only option.

Some of newer AB PLCs have a Super Capacitor in them. It is there to allow the User to change the Battery. I have a SLC5/04 here with a 0.10 Farad Capacitor in it. This keeps the PLC Memory for a surprisingly long time, but it is not its real purpose.

Stu....