need help with my PLC assignment

benjiduong

Hi all!
Im studying Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) which is 6 weeks class. But i missed 2 due to the late arrival offer. I was trying to catch up but i think im kind lost. I got a problem here which is pretty hard for me. the question is in the attached file.Can u guys please help me out?
p/s: im using CX-One

wulas2 001.jpg wulas2.jpg

What Omron PLC are you Using?
Have you any of this project done? How much help do you need.
I can give you a bare bones example of a sequencer for CJ1/NSJ or for a CQM1
just give some more info.

yeah thats right..i just dont know how to do it...can u give me some directions?
i just did some easy practice in my class
for example :
1. Write a single rung which causes cylinder one to extend while the red button is pressed
and retract as soon as it is released.
2. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, cylinder two extends while
and only while both the red and black buttons are pressed.
3. Extend the above program that, in addition to the above, cylinder three extends while
and only while, either one or both, of the red and black buttons are pressed.
4. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, the suction cup turns on
while and only while, the red button is pressed and the green button is pressed, but the
black is not pressed.
5. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, cylinder four extends while
and only while, either one but not both , of the red and black buttons is pressed.

What level of programming is your course covering?
Are you conversant with registers, mathematical functions, comparisons etc?
If your course does not cover the above then you cannot use the functions as your tutor will know you have cheated by getting help outside the course.
Please give as much detail as you can.
I will only give you a few pointers as you have shown a document where you declare it to be your own work.

The assignment states a Step Action Diagram, so I would strongly suggest you look at the STEP and related instructions in the CX-One Help.

Regards,

Let start by converting each statement to a boolean expression.

1. Write a single rung which causes cylinder one to extend while the red button is pressed

Cylinder#1_Extend = Red_button.

We can easily convert that to ladder
Red_Button Cylinder#1_Extend
-----] [---------------( )-----

and retract as soon as it is released.

Cylinder#1_Retract = NOT Red_Button

Red_Button Cylinder#1_Retract
-----]\[---------------( )-----

2. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, cylinder two extends while
and only while both the red and black buttons are pressed.

Cylinder#2_Extend = Red_Button AND Black_Button

Red_Button Black_Button Cylinder#2_Extend
-----] [-----------] [-------------( )-----

3. Extend the above program that, in addition to the above, cylinder three extends while
and only while, either one or both, of the red and black buttons are pressed.

Cylinder#3 = Red_Button OR Black_Button
See if you can sketch a ladder for that.

4. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, the suction cup turns on while and only while, the red button is pressed and the green button is pressed, but the
black is not pressed.

See if you can write a boolean equation for that and draw a ladder.

5. Extend the above program so that, in addition to the above, cylinder four extends while
and only while, either one but not both , of the red and black buttons is pressed.

This one gets a little trickier but not much if you think it through as a compound statement. Cylinder four extend while the Black Button is pressed and the red button is not pressed, or while the Red button is pressed and the black button is not pressed. I'll help you with the boolean expression.

Cylinder#4_Extend = (Black_Button AND NOT Red_Button) OR (Red_Button AND NOT Black_Button)

See if you can sketch that ladder.

If I remember right Omron PLC's have Stepper instruction which is perfect for what your class is working on. They can step forward and can step backwards.

The goal of programming is to keep hard things easy and follow the order of operation of the task you are doing

In each Sub-Folder under CX-One, and the Help Menu of each Program. For instance under the CX-Programmer Sub-Folder, you should see Online Manuals, and CX-Programmer Help.

Stu....
can u send me the link please? im new here so dont know exactly where to find it.appreciate that

can u send me the link please? im new here so dont know exactly where to find it.appreciate that

Link to what? The information I listed was under your Windows Start Button, Omron, CX-One. Are you looking for Web Page Links?

Stu....