Micrologix 1000 to Citect

Hi,
I have a Micrologix 1000 1761-L32BWA Series E and am trying to connect to Citect Scada. I downloaded the newest Citect version V7.2 but cannot get the comms to communicate via serial no matter how i configure it.
Has anyone had similar problems or know of what i might be doing wrong?

Hi Bluelightalarms,

I have had this working, but it was a long time ago. You have to configure the ML1000 to use DH485 out of it's comm port. As part of this setup you have to set a slave address.

In Citect you use the KE500 driver which is Citect's DH485 driver. Setup the ports form to match the baud rate etc and the I/O device to use KE500 and the slave address set in the ML1000.

Serial connection is via the ML programming cable.

Addressing of PLC memory uses standard AB notation. I.e. N7:0/0 etc.

I've attached the programmes that I experimented with and successfully got comms with. There pretty old but should give you the idea of what to do.

If you get stuck, let me know and I will help as much as possible.

Hey Andy,
I was playing around with the settings today and shutdown rslinx freeing up the com port and success, citect started working for a whole 5 seconds, damit!
That was using the DF1 driver and im guessing that rslinx needs to be shutdown to free the com port up. In tech i was using a SLC500 using the SCL5/05 ethernet for citect coms and serial for rslinx's which threw me off.
Im gonna have a go tomorrow with the 485 you pointed out.

One thing you have to be careful with is that RSLinx when running the 1747 AIC+/PIC driver (to communicate using DH485) is that it takes over the comm port of your PC. The only way I have found to release the port is to delete the driver from RSLinx. Shutting down RSLinx with the driver installed won't free up the port.

The programmes that I previously attached will give you an idea of how to setup the comms on the ML and Citect. The Citect project was written in V5.5 or V6.0, so the comms setup will be slightly different to V7.2.

Thanks Andy,
I actually got it working today, the free download of Citect 7.2 is a lot more user friendly then pervious versions and the DF1 driver even had a drop down menu for baud rate and an option to emulate via disc IO which is great for non plc owners but im so glad to finally get it working.
Thanks for your help mate.

hi i use Micrologix 1000 1761-L32BWA Series E, and using micrologix 8.30vr, make link from rs link, rs 232, df1, configration ok ,
but when it communicate it with micrologix 8.30, for upload, dowmload and online its show me Processer is not slc or micrologix, iam so confuse,
kindly help me to solve this issue