State of PLCs

dwhockey

I'm considering doing some research in the area of PLCs and I would like to know your opinions on what the current problems are that need investigating. Your input is appreciated!

rsdoran said:
memory...ram

A video cell phone can go to Mars. Our best and brightest are piloting a 20Mhz processor with 128k RAM, and you want MORE memory?

Maybe your expectations are too high. :D

AK

Decent software with lots of shortcut keys to enable fast software development. Drag and drop is so slow and one is in danger of getting RSI from using a mouse.
beerchug

Similar Topics

We have a new machine that uses an armor block to transfer input signals for conveyor position that continuously alarms out on no position change...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I installed an AC Tech ESV 1 HP Drive on a small bucket conveyor. Before it had a DC Motor on it . It now has a Baldor 1 HP...
Replies
Views
Good Evening , I should know more about Solid State Relays . I have a system with 8) 120 vac Vibrators . These Solid State Relays have...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to add on to a safety circuit and trying to make sure this is fail-safe. My safety scanner needs some muting when things aren't running...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm coding on a CP2E-N with CX-programmer and trying to get my head around some of the clunkier parts of it, since I'm more familiar...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom