SLC 5/05 (1747-L551) to PV + ethernet comms set up

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi friends, I have a Slc 5/05 1747-L551 processor that is communicating (was communicating) with a panelview 700 plus 2711P-B7C4D1 thru DF1. Bubba was troubleshooting an issue with the equipment and managed to brake the pins on the processors Channel 0. I’m not that familiar with PV + set up and communications, if this is possible can anyone help me in setting up comms thru Ethernet. I have RSlogix 500, but I don’t have FT me.
I tried to set up Ethernet comms on the PV but was unable to. The I/p on the Slc is 192.168.0.XXX I just can’t seem to get the two to communicate. On the PV I have the I/p Set up as 192.168.0.XXX I’m using a straight thru cable. Anyone please help.

I think you're going to need FactoryTalk View Studio, or post the project file (preferably the *.APA archive) here.

You can alter the Shortcuts from onboard the PanelView Plus terminal, but you can't modify the driver schema (you can't create a new target). The Ethernet driver is almost always enabled.

There's a very long-shot way we might try to do this: upload the RSLinx XML file from the terminal, edit it by hand, and re-download it.

Do you have a CompactFlash card handy, and a way to read it in your PC ?

This will work best if you have v4 or later firmware in the PanelView Plus, since that easily executes batch files.

Ken I do Not have The .APA File or FT me here with me.
I do have a CF card and a way to read it on the pc
The firmware in the PV is is V4

hi
please i have problem in 1747l551 the ((FLT ))indicator always on when start up and when i connect the pc to plc its not showen the plc but before its shows , the problem its happened when i removed the plc slot while it working

Chances are you damaged the CPU while you removed it with power on, on SLC platforms you must power down the rack before removing anything form the rack.
What color is the FLT LED? Solid or flashing? Do you have a copy of the program.

first thank u for ur replay

the FLT led is red color and its flashing ,and the Ethernet LED its green
i don't have copy because the plc protected by password
i tried to download the program from another one but its also protected i cant downloaded any thing

Last edited:
Its possible the PLC just lost its program (memory cleared).

You are going to have to find those that have the password.

chief

the problem as u said in the last post

can u help me to configure ip address for plc 1747l551 to communicate with panel view