Grounding twisted pairs at card end

rojay

I am engineering a panel with a micrologix controller in it. I am looking at the 1762-IF4, 4-channel analog input module. Looking at the manual, it shows the 2 "Common" terminals at the bottom of the strip "Internally connected", but not connected to anything else. Can I run a ground to the one common terminal, and all of my 4 shields to the other "Common" terminal for my shield ground circuits?

I am looking at the electronic copy of the terminal strip. It does not show a ground terminal. If there is a ground terminal on the card, then it's a no brainer. thanks

there is not a ground terminal on the card itself, you will have to break your shields out of your cable before you get to the card and take them to a ground terminal.

Similar Topics

Hi all, I'm connecting several 4-20mA sensors together in parallel (only one shown below) The enclosure is ABS plastic with metal backplate DAQ...
Replies
Views
I have Rhino 120 to 24 dc power supply and it has 2 Positive and 2 negative terminals on the DC side but no ground terminal. Should I connect one...
Replies
Views
Hi, Our customer has bought a machine a CNC wood cutting machine. It states that it need a seperate 16mm2 EMV"ground" in addition to our 5G16mm2...
Replies
Views
I have a Beckhoff PLC with many AI modules. Most devices are loop powered using the same +24 VDC power as the Beckhoff Bus Coupler and all is...
Replies
Views
I was once asked a question in a job interview. "Do you ground both ends of a shield?" I answered: "You only ground one end". Apparently that was...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom