fraction of pulse per gallon?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a flowmeter that provides 4-20 output for flow rate and also has an "odometer" for flow total. There is also a pulse output from this device whose spec is given as .26000 pulses per gallon.

I will invert that spec to get 3.486153846 gallons per pulse, but why would a manfufacturer specify a value like that? In this context, how would anyone measure a fraction of a pulse?

If you multiply .26 times 3.875 (gallons to liters), you will get it in liters per pulse which would equal 1.00 liter per pulse. Most of the the flow meters I work with you can configure the meter into whatever units you are looking for (gallons, liters, grams, etc).

Similar Topics

Hi, how do i include the fractional part of the position I set for encoder? I have an Omron PLC and using cx programmer. I need to command my...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, i am taking a value from load cell module, i have to scale it so i want to divide it by 100 but the Wlsoft doesn't give me the...
Replies
Views
Hi, All I have received the task of measuring a process down to a 1/64 of an inch. No problem with the laser's range and mA value...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am simply trying to convert a distance in inches to feet showing the number of feet with the fractional part just displayed as .xxx. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, The hardware is: Click Plc model # CO-O1DD1-O HMI model # S3ML-R magnetic-inductive flow meter model # FMM100-1001. I will set the flow meter...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom