PV32 Numeric Entry

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a Panelview application using Numeric Entry to send integer files to SCP blocks to calibrate sensors. My problem is when the PV boots from power up the "tag initial value"
resets all min/mav scales to zero. I have loaded the presets from the first calibration in as a work around but want to know if there is a way to manipulate this data, maybe with the display tag. I want to load the integers from the key pad entry button and would like to keep the last data there on a power-up....Thanks

With RIO, the only way to solve this is to make use of the notify and handshake bits and unique read and write tags. Your notify bits will only go true when an entry is made, and you set the handshake bit in the SLC to update the display tag. So you first XIC the Notify Bit MOV (or COP) the Write_Tag to the Read_Tag and branch to OTE the Handshake Bit.

This takes an extra two bits per entry element and a whole nuther element (display tag) per element squeezed into and existing RIO configuration which hopefully has enough spares in the existing BTR/BTW setup (if used)

Sidenotes:
I saw one app with only handshake tags and the screen control status word was used in PLC code to force all the items on that page to refresh for the first second after a page change. This won't work with RIO comms though.

Another very creative application only used three or four tags! It used the same value for all data entries, and mapped them based on screen selection and a slick utilization of scrolling list boxes as pointers, and the edit pop-up keypad was titled with a multi-state indicator which also followed the index of the tag. It was a PITA to figure this out when I needed to clamp one particular tag minimum entry value and tried to find it in an undocumented SLC file...

Paul

Last edited:
At work I am using a 2711 T6C1 and the initial tag value loads on power up. At home on bench I am using older 2711 B5A1 and it does not. I have checked and tags are all filled out the same. not using Notification, Handshake or Display tags on either ?

Both Panelview programs I go into will not let me un check box. They are checked and greyed out not available. Is there something I'm missing.

Both Panelview programs I go into will not let me un check box. They are checked and greyed out not available. Is there something I'm missing.

I did not see that you have a RIO terminal. See picture below. Then re-read OkiePC's post #2

startup.png

I think I get it, will do some tests this weekend. Thanks I'll let you know how I make out....