A-B Point I/O

Robert_M

I have an A_B 1769-L32E and a single 1769-AENT. I can see the point i/o in rslinx, but I can't see the inputs in my program. I aliased my tags to point to the point i/o, but no luck. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong? I added the point i/o to rslogix5000 and all comms (ethernet I/P) seem to be working. Thank you, Robert

Well, I wrote the program before I got the hardware. This is my first project with point i/o. I had a little trouble getting it configured, but I think I have it right. I have looked at the point i/o in the tag file and I don't see anything change when I make an input. The led on the point i/o lights up, but nothing back to the plc.

Verify that there isn't a yellow triangle next to the POINT modules (or the Adapter) in the I/O tree, and that the I/O LED on the CompactLogix CPU is solid green.

I just commissioned a 1734-AENTR yesterday and what tripped me up is the manual setting of the Chassis Size. You must both configure it in RSLogix 5000's module definition and use the module applet or the web page to manually set the adapter for the proper size.

The Chassis Size for POINT I/O adapters is always the number of modules plus one (for the Adapter, in Slot 0).

Thank you Ken, I don't have the yellow triangle....which I assumed meant I had configured the AENT correctly. So my net question is this. If the AENT requires one "slot" space does my I/O start out as slot 1? for example do I use data.1.0 for the first input point on the first input card? I have to assume that slot 0 is the AENT adapter itself...is this correct?
Thank you for your response. I am sure this is an easy problem, but dammit it is frustrating!

Ken,
Do I need to configure the point i/o to show that there are three input cards, one HSC, and three output cards?
Thank you,
Robert

Yes, you need to add the 1734 POINT modules to the I/O tree individually.

The 1794-AENT adapter is Slot 0, and then the I/O modules are Slot 1,2,3,4, and so on.

I generally put my Discrete I/O modules into the Rack Optimized connection for the Adapter, so they all update at the same rate and inside the same packet. They still have their own slot-by-slot Tags, though.

It might be fastest for you to post the *.ACD file here, or at least the I/O configuration part.

When you define the 1734-AENT you set up how many slots, and whether you want a Rack Optimized connection (you probably do).

RackOpt34.jpg

Ken, Much thanks for your support. I was trying to add new modules while online with the plc. I got offline reconfigured tha remote chassis and....voila! It works.
Thank you very much....I am off to the races.
I love this site!