FTVME can't create mer file.

DairyBoy

Back again... I'm getting the message "unable to save tag database" when I try to create a runtime file. When I ok that, it gives "unable to save the project runtime file". What have I missed this time??? Thanks.

I have checked but can't find a "verify application" button, in case that's why it's rejecting it.

Last edited:
You bet! So I guess it did the trick? There is an obscure tool from AB called program terminator. It was around during the days of RSView32 and now works with FTView. Doesn't always work, but does save a reboot now and then!

I wrote a script to stop all the FT services and restart them, That normally fixes it for me.. I dislike rebooting :D
I'll try to remember to post the script from work tommorrow.

Back again... I'm getting the message "unable to save tag database" when I try to create a runtime file. When I ok that, it gives "unable to save the project runtime file". What have I missed this time??? Thanks.

I have checked but can't find a "verify application" button, in case that's why it's rejecting it.

First thing I check is that I use the VERIFY button in the communications setup dialog; that usually fixes it for me. If not, then I reboot. I'm using 6.1.