Buffer analog signal

Session

hey all

pretty new to it all just curious i have analog singal coming in (weight), i smooth the signal what is the best way to "store" the value for 20 minutes so that i can use it later for a calculation.

thanks

what is the hardware/software you're using?

hey all

pretty new to it all just curious i have analog singal coming in (weight), i smooth the signal what is the best way to "store" the value for 20 minutes so that i can use it later for a calculation.

thanks

some details would be nice.

details.....umm not sure what to tell you. my situation is.

i have a substance x for my product that i grind up at point A where i am sampling the wt, the later on in the process line about twenty minutes down the line i need that weight from point A to add more ingredients to substance x.

details.....umm not sure what to tell you. my situation is.

i have a substance x for my product that i grind up at point A where i am sampling the wt, the later on in the process line about twenty minutes down the line i need that weight from point A to add more ingredients to substance x.

sorry, my question to you should've been more detailed. what software/hardware are you using? if it's RSLogix5000, I would use arrays to do what you're trying to do. Other software may require a different solution

I'm sure a shift register for the numerical value (be it word or double word) can be found in most PLCs. If not, there are ways of creating it using other instructions, but of course that's more complicated.

Kind regards,

thanks everyone I am using Step 7 5.4 on a s7-400 processor, i acutally found a function on the siemens website called staked that is doing exaclty what i was looking for.

cheer

Ryan