Fanuc RJ Controller Startup problem

FSPT_Tech

Can anyone help with my problem? I have a Fanuc ArcMate 100 running off an old RJ controller. When I start up the controller, the Teach Pendant (TP) screen is stuck showing only some information about the controller with the words "TEACH PENDANT READY" at the bottom. It doesn't want to continue to go to the Utilities screen which it normally does. What's also unusual is the LED lights on the left side of the TP (i.e. FAULT, HOLD, STEP, etc.) are all on and staying on (See attachment "Image1.jpg").

When I look in the controller cabinet, the Main CPU has a couple of red alarm status lights that are on (See attachment "Image2.jpg"). I don't have a manual to interpret the meaning of the red lights.

I cannot even start the unit up in a "control start" because the TP is always starting up in this way with none of the keys responding when I try to initiate a control start.

Because we bought this robot used, I can't get anywhere with Fanuc because the robot isn't "registered" under our company name. They want to charge us around $2k just to get it registered before they can offer any help.

Anyone have an ideas or suggestions as to why this might be happening?
I appreciate any help anyone can give.
Thanks!

Image1.jpg Image2.jpg

Pay the $2k. Fanuc tech support is outstanding.

Aside from that, I have only used RJ2 and RJ3 controllers, but I have seen those symptoms caused by a dirty or damaged T.P. cable connector.

Well, It's been a long time since the RJ days but I'm game for a flash back. First, do you have a software back? Either way try this. Turn off power on console. Press and continue to hold both Prev and Next keys. While pressing turn power back on. Once the BMon prompt appears release the teach pendant keys. Press F1, Cold and enter. Press F5,Start, and enter. Hopefully upon restart you will have a utilities screen. If this fails we might need to use the same procedure but perform a Re-Init Start. Post back if this helps.

Looks to me like you lost your CPU, the teach pendant is merely booting and telling you its a teach pendant. Seen this quite a few times like when someone puts a 5a slow blow fuse in the fast blow spot. Then Joe towmotor driver sets the parts bin on the teach pendant cord and Poof , the CPu is smoked.. Or it could be old age caught up and the processor just plain old died. If you have a spare unit you could try and swap them out. Big $ from Fanuc (about $4500) but we get parts like these from The Robot Company out here in Ohio for alot less.