IntouchV8 to L1400 via ABTCP

Yes, although you might investigate installing a more modern I/O server such as the DASABCIP from Wonderware.

For the new processor you may create a new Access Name using the new I/O server in Windowmaker and assign your new tags to it.

Yes, although you might investigate installing a more modern I/O server such as the DASABCIP from Wonderware.

For the new processor you may create a new Access Name using the new I/O server in Windowmaker and assign your new tags to it.
Thank you for your response. I have assumed it would require an upgrade to WW Intouch V10 to use DASABCIP[V4.1 I think] with the L1400. However it is good to know the L1400 will accept ABTCP. thanks again

Thank you for your response. I have assumed it would require an upgrade to WW Intouch V10 to use DASABCIP[V4.1 I think] with the L1400. However it is good to know the L1400 will accept ABTCP. thanks again

Actually, I was referring to using 2 separate I/O servers within the same application, I shouldn't have said that the AB Micrologix 1400 is supported with ABTCP, because I'm pretty sure it's not! My mistake!

You can use the DASABCIP driver with no problem (I think) in Intouch 8.0, it doesn't care. All it should need is a DDE/Suitelink Topic.