1747-UIC Com port

CRMCC

Does anybody know how to set windows xp proffesional to always use the same com portwhen this device is connected. I have had it working in the past by setting a driver for each USB port. But this has now stopped working and I get conflicts with the drivers. I have to stop other drivers and try each USB until I get it working. Any pointers very welcome.

These devices are not serialized in such a way that Windows gives them the same COM port number every time. I'm not aware of any way to make it happen, other than always plugging it into the same USB port, which seems to work. You can find out which COM port it has by going to Device Manager (right-click on "My Computer", click Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager). If you expand the tree-view under "Ports (COM & LPT)", you can see where Windows stuck it. Then you can reconfigure the existing driver to point to that COM port.

The problem is that more than one person uses the PC and not everyone uses the same port, I know how to change the allocated port but would prefer it to be locked to one com port. Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that more than one person uses the PC and not everyone uses the same port, I know how to change the allocated port but would prefer it to be locked to one com port. Thanks for the reply.

Label the port.