Siemens 115U s5

drummo

Hi all, has anyone got any ideas to help me out with a problematic 115U, I tried to start up one of our plants today that has not run for three years, the processor was crashed, so i reloaded the program and cleared all faults, The problem i have is one of the extension racks does not seem to be communicating, when i monitor the inputs on this rack, they do not switch, i have checked all addressing and all is ok. i can monitor the I/O on the processor rack and two other racks but not this one, i have also checked and swapped the cable, any ideas please!!:confused:

Hi all, has anyone got any ideas to help me out with a problematic 115U, I tried to start up one of our plants today that has not run for three years, the processor was crashed, so i reloaded the program and cleared all faults, The problem i have is one of the extension racks does not seem to be communicating, when i monitor the inputs on this rack, they do not switch, i have checked all addressing and all is ok. i can monitor the I/O on the processor rack and two other racks but not this one, i have also checked and swapped the cable, any ideas please!!:confused:

Have you checked the I & B Stacks - if so what errors are shown?
Is the power supply to the extension rack good?
How are the racks interfaced (profi or IM) ?
Are there any fault LED's on?
Did you reload all blocks including DB's ?
DB1 contains "set up" parameters for the 115 PLC

Link for the manual -

http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1085937

115u

The interface is IM, there is no fault with the leds, and i have changed the power supply, i reloaded the program all blocks and 238 blocks transferred which i think is correct

I/B Stack Siemens 115u

IM306 interface all terminating plugs are on.

I Stack
Reman X
Batpuf X
Af X
Aspnra X

B Stack
Block No - Block Add - Rtn Add - Rel Add - Db No - Db Add
FB192 8279 82E3 006A DB192 2F86
OB1 886B 88C7 005C DB5 103A

I have also checked all DB's have uploaded:eek:

115u

Yes all input led,s are illuminated and 110v is present on each card, I removed yesterday the IM306 leads, when i remove the leads from the racks that are communicating the processor goes into fault mode, when i remove the cable from the input rack that i can not monitor, the processor does not fault and continues in run mode? I have changed the rack the psu the IM306 card and checked addresses. the only thing i am not sure about is what was displayed on the B stack in the previous post, Thanks all for your help:confused:

This is ancient technology, and it would be easier for the old rusty brain connections if you posted the screenshot from the BSTACK and not only the hex codes.

If your PLC does not fault when you remove the rack connection, it means either:
- None of the IOs are addressed in the program.
- Or you have some error OBs in the program for bypassing IO errors. If I remember correctly, the error-OBs are OB 19, and from 23 up to (...eh...) 29?
Could you check this?

The IM306 has addressing switches on the side. Have you checked that these are set correctly?

Kalle

I Stack/B Stack Pics

Heres a few pics of the I Stack and B Stack, and the processor rack,
0 Slot Siemens SWEC 2XV9 450-1AUOO
1 Slot 8 Ch analog Input
2 Slot Siemens 6ES5242-1AA13
3 Slot 16 Dig Input
4 Slot 16 Dig Input
5 Slot 16 Dig Input
6 Slot 6ES5304-3UA11
IM 306

Picture 001.jpg Picture 003.jpg Picture 004.jpg Picture 006.jpg

So the 304/314 connection(s) do work, but not the 306/306?

A sketch of your racks and connection types would be nice.

I can see that the CPU switch is in STOP (Edit: I'm not sure of that anymore) So I cannot read any other stop cause from your BSTACK.
Edit: Is there anything more in the ISTACK?

Kalle

Last edited:
115u

Yes its just the 306 that doesnt work, and i have changed the IM 306 card we have several spares.Yes its in stop to read the B/stack, but switches back to run with no problems or faults, and there is nothing else in the I Stack.

Program and Pics

The program loaded is neu 13 which was the last version used, symbols file used is neu 10. The I/O addressing printed on the legends in the photo's is a bit confusing the extension input rack starting address 0000.0 is actually I0.0 slot 0. same applies to the output rack 0300.0 is starting address Q30.0. Its the main rack addressing i am not sure about, the comms card and isdn i think, i am not sure what address you use:confused:

Picture 007.jpg Picture 008.jpg Picture 009.jpg Picture 010.jpg

Attachments

• siemens 115u.zip
    253.1 KB · Views: 11