Sendkeys utility

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have approx 250 rungs of very similar code i need to type. It is a cheap IDEC plc.
I have an excel table of the bits i need to type and was trying to use send keys to type my code but it did not work...any ideas?
The App opens but the keypress A does not work... If i then press A on the keyboard it works as expected.

I am looking for a method of sending string data/ enter keys/ etc to the programming app.

Code:
'excel macro
Sub IDEC()
AppActivate ("WindLdr - [0 Subroutine]") 'open sub 0 , alarms
Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("00:00:10")) 'wait 10 secs
Application.SendKeys "A", True  'send A to activate XIO contact
End Sub

Hi I found a tool called autohotkey.

unfortunately the idec software doesnt seem to like excel\sendkeys or autohotkeys so the 'sendkeys' doesnt work but a keypress does... and sendkeys/autohot keys works fine in notepad etc

Cheers

Have you looked into the software object model? I'm unfamiliar with this product but some packages give you the ability to use the object model and VB (etc.) to handle things like database and code manipulation.

Good luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Not What I'm talking about...

If you program in VB (or similar) you may have the option of using the same functions the PLC software itself uses in order to add rungs, etc... To find out if you can do this you'd look under Resources in VB for IDEC objects. From there on out it all depends on what IDEC supports.

If you don't program VB (or similar), never mind.

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Does the IDEC software have a "save as" to a text format?
Or Export routine function

Have you tried using AutoHotkeys to save the keystrokes first then modify the macro created?

I used Sendkeys for years then microsoft broke it
I have found auto hot keys a good replacement

Last edited: