4-20 indicator

katratzi

Does anyone know of a 4-20mA display indicator that
can be panel or 1/2" conduit mounted that does NOT
have pots used to scale the signal to represent another value?

(I just want the display to accurately show the milliamp
signal being produced.) Thanks.

Most panel displays are adjustable and scalable, to allow using for many different parameters. If you want to show current, then set it to show current. Why would you want a "crippled" unit that can only show ONE thing, when for the same price you can have more?

Here is a panel-mounted meter that is guaranteed not to have any scaling capability (except for the zero adjustment screw in the bottom-center of the dial):

http://www.amazon.com/85C1-A-0-100m...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330895082&sr=1-10

Last edited:
If your signal is pretty steady
in my mind the Red Lion digitals Okie suggested are very good and very reliable. I have some still going strong after 15 years on a boat.

If your signal fluctuates ig a motor current signal then the needle type ie analog are better in my mind IF you are looking at how much and how fast the change.

Dan Bentler

Thanks, guys. I will look into those. I really did not want to have the capability to display anything but current, because if it can be changed, someone will change it. The same reason I did not want it pot-scalable, if there is a pot, someone will turn it. I had thought about using a Simpson
needle gauge, it may be the best option. The purpose is to monitor the output of many different types of controllers and equipment that have a 4-20mA output, so that someone does not have to remove covers, etc. and access hard to reach wiring on terminal boards to measure outputs with a current meter.

Last edited:
I used the little meters from omega. They worked very nice and had several different options for inputs and scale factors. The ones i used also had a very nice looking cover for the front that covered up all the buttons that prevented nosey operators from pressing all the programming buttons.