Panelview 1000 connect?

joeholick

I have a PanelView 1000 that I am trying to troubleshoot and load a sample program into. I am not sure if it works and I don't know how to correctly communicate with it, or if it is faulty. It boots up fine, loads the configuration screen and that's as far as I can get. All the menu options load, I can change the settings, but under no circumstances can I get any type of RS232 communication through RSLinx or the firmware updater utility. The fault light and comm light are a steady blink. I am trying to connect through both/either RSLinx and PanelBuilder32. Should I just try to figure out how to go the PCMCIA route? I can pull my rs232 cable straight from my 5/05 that is communicating in RSLinx, and go directly into the download port of the PV, but no devices show up, and under configure drivers it will run through the auto detect sequence but never finds a match. o_O Any suggestions?

Thanks all!

It is a 2711-T10C9L1 Ser. F Rev. A FRN 4.46

http://flic.kr/p/bCVYjv
http://flic.kr/p/bCVYpV
bCVYjv

bCVYpV

You should be able to connect to the RS232 port labeled comm/download (which is next to your power supply terminals), by using a straight through cable (not a crossover cable, so the one tyou use to connect a SLC50x will not work, unless you use 2 such cables), using RSLinx set the comms driver to DF1 and use the setting displayed on the comms page on the config screen, matching baud rate etc, if you are using a USB to serial adapter make sure that you use the correct com port number (found in device properties)

Your PV supports DH485 protocol.

The printer port on a DH485 PV is set to support a printer. It cannot be changed.

You will need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx with a straight thru cable. You will need a real serial port on your PC to use this driver.

Or use a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter).

Or as OkiePC said use the memory card to load/download your PV's program.

Last edited:
Okay I am working on getting a memory card, and also the right cables. In the meantime I also have a 2711-T10C15L1 ser C. Do I need any special network cables or should I be able to communicate between it and rslinx in the similar way as a 5/05?

Make a cable w/ DB9 pin connector and connect the following pins: 2-2, 3-3, 5-5. this should work. use dh485 driver in rslinx