HMI for Omron ?

rdu03

Hello ,
I am interested in creating a HMI for an OMRON CJ2M PLC that will run on a personal computer.The PLC controls 3 AC Servo Motors Drives , i just need some start/stop buttons and the possibilty to write some values into the PLC DM memory.From what i understand i need to purchase NS-Runtime for that . So my questions are :

1. Is there any other way of developing a HMI(Operator Screen)that will run on a PC besides NS-Runtime ?
2. In CX-Designer(i use v3.2) when i want to test the screens i created by using the test mode there , i get an error : "Unable to communicate with PLC ...." . If i test the screens from CX-Programmer , Simulation>START PLC-PT Integrated simulation the screens will work but the simulation is in CX-Simulator and it won't change any values on the PLC. I have tried varios Comm Settings from CX-Designer and nothing worked , i always get the "Unable to communicate with PLC..." error if i use the Test Mode from CX-Designer .

PLC : CJ2M connected via USB

Any help will be much appreciated !

Regards,
rdu03

Hello,

PeakHMI supports OMRON FINS via 'C', 'CV' and 'CS/CJ' mode, serial and TCP/IP.

I see that it supports omron CJ series , but does it work on USB? , can only find RS232 (using the demo version)

Hi,

It supports serial and TCP/IP. The Omron FINS protocol has three possible modes, 'C', 'CV' and 'CS/CJ'.

You need to connect via the serial port as far as I know. USB port is for programming with CX-P.

Compatability ?

I had problems trying to simulate an NP HMI program with a CP1 plc using CXOne. I finally found out CXOne doesn't have that functionality. NS may be different though.

NS simulator works fine with CJ1 and CJ2. I do not use NP - too limited for my applications.

Thnx for the answers ! I recently came across a 3M MicroTouch M170 display , is it possible to program it with CX-Designer , and make it run with the plc , or if i want to use a display an omron plc i have to buy a ns-series display?