Omron CS1 serial port pinout.

Tharon

I've check the Omron website and looked through the CS Operation Manual, Reference Manual, and Programming Manuals. I'm looking for a pinout of the D-sub 9 pin RS232 Serial port on the CS1G-H PLC.

I have found some information from other vendors that show hook ups from their devices to the Omron CS PLC.

From that I have gathered that:

2 - TXD
3 - RXD
4 - RTS
5 - CTS
9 - GND

I am going to be sending a simple ASCII string out, so I believe I need to jump RTS and CTS together, but want to verify that pins 4 and 5 are the correct pins. Hopefully with some documentation from Omron.

The attached cable diagram should do the trick.
Pin 7 on the plc side is not required. That was for an older product.
Also, you will need to modify the setup of the port. Default would be HostLink.
You will need to change to RS232.
Hope this will help.

Last edited: