Lasser Positioning with Kinetix 6000

PLC-Dave

Equipment: Allen Bradley 1756-L63 controller, 1756-M08SE sercos card Kinetix6000 controlling an extruded aluminum pusher into a cutoff saw.
We are trying to add an Optodyne Laser Doppler Scale to increase accuracy and eliminate any mechanical play from affecting the positioning. The
“Finish Cut Axis” uses a laser displacement sensor for “position feedback”. We have configured this axis as
a "Dual Position Servo".
Tech Support suggests the "Dual Position Servo" is the best loop configuration for this axis. I confirmed
both polarities’ matched by configuring the laser counts as auxiliary feedback only.
I also calculated the Laser sensor scaling and it was verified against another Linear displacement device.
With all of this done I set the axis to dual position servo and tested.
The axis runs out of control in one direction or jerks really hard then faults when motion is commanded.
Does anyone have any suggestions?