1769-HSC to ML1500 help please.

loundeb2

Hi,
I have a Micrologix 1500 AWA PLC and an HSC card in slot 2. I'm using 845H encoders with differential outputs. I've set thes up before with single TTL outs without a problem. The problem I'm having is when te count reaches 32767, it rolls over to -32767 and counts down. This repeats over and is unusable. I've attached a zip of the program. Please help me find what I'm missing so I can get the encoder/module to count to a DINT.
Thank You,
Lou

In ladder 3 - Rung 0 you copy the entire count for each counter (32 bits) into L12:4 and L12:0.

Then in rung 1 you start doing math using just the lower half of the count. After 32767 the next count is represented as a minus number if you only look at the lower part of the number as an integer.

Use the entire number as saved in L12:0. Of course at some point a steady up count will roll over. Decide if it will reach a limit first. If not decide what to do.