Crimson 3, Build 484.

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
In this new build, anybody knows what is the "ability to use a custom landing page for remote view"?

I haven't played with this yet, but there is not enough info in the manual to speculate. Gosh I hope Red Lion takes our hints and gets serious about writing a more detailed long and wordy version of the manual.

Thanks for the tip on the new version, though. I am using it now, and did poke around those features (click in the field hit F1). I got the impression they are geared toward the use of custom webpages, not HMI pages, but I have no custom web page experience or examples with which I can tinker.

Yeah, a more detailed manual would be great!
I would like the ability for the remote user to access a different screen than the one being displayed on the HMI. I know, there could be conflicts with simultaneous actions...

The custom home page gives you the option to create your own landing page, which replaces the standard Red Lion landing page for the webserver. From there you can link to your own web pages or any of the standard pages.

Thanks
Jeremy

The custom home page gives you the option to create your own landing page, which replaces the standard Red Lion landing page for the webserver. From there you can link to your own web pages or any of the standard pages.

Thanks
Jeremy
Is the landing page the one with the link to "Remote View", etc.?
Is there a quick work-around for accessing the screens remotely without affecting what the person in front of the HMI is looking at? So far, what you see remotely and what is shown on the HMI is the same.

Is the landing page the one with the link to "Remote View", etc.?
Is there a quick work-around for accessing the screens remotely without affecting what the person in front of the HMI is looking at? So far, what you see remotely and what is shown on the HMI is the same.

Yes it is

The only way would be use the custom web page. This is where you would need to create your own HTML web pages that reside on the CF card.

Thank you for your response.
What are the chances of conflict when actions are performed on the same object at the same time, like entering a number in a field, toggling a button, etc.?

Thank you for your response.
What are the chances of conflict when actions are performed on the same object at the same time, like entering a number in a field, toggling a button, etc.?

Two actions can happen very close together but can't happen at the same time. Which ever selection is made last is what is honored, as it will overwrite the previous action.

The custom web pages ability of the G3 HMI is very cool. I have created pages both for management and maintenance use. I was glad to see the new feature of using a custom landing page for web access. Now management/maintenance can very easily get to the data or machine information they need. Our IT department has linked to these pages as well for inventory tracking on their BPCS system. Our maintenance techs. who don't have PLC access can use these custom pages to troubleshoot machinery. We've given a few of them Samsung Galaxy Tabs so they are able to access machine I/O, operations, and other info. while troubleshooting through these custom web pages. This way they are able to stay at the problem location, rather than running back to the HMI.
These pages are also used on a flat panel TV in the controls office to readily see whats going on down on the plant floor.
Just another reason to choose Red Lion.

We've given a few of them Samsung Galaxy Tabs so they are able to access machine I/O, operations, and other info. while troubleshooting through these custom web pages. This way they are able to stay at the problem location, rather than running back to the HMI.
In your case, how do you broadcast the signal from the HMI to be accessed via WiFi from the tabs?

Elcan,
Our eight HMIs are all connected to the network via the ethernet port. We have WiFi through-out the plant that is all this same internal network. From the tabs you can open any web browser, type the IP address of the HMI in the URL and you're there. If you have the use custom home page box clicked then it goes to the html page you create. If not it arrives at a page Red Lion has created with links to get you where you want to go.