FT AssetCentre 4.10 Update

kdcui

Lifetime Supporting Member
All,

I recently upgraded my AssetCentre 4.0 installation to 4.10. The biggest additions in my mind to this release was

1) Real-time change detection on v20+ Logix controllers
2) Compatibility with Windows Server 2008 64bit.

I have to say the change detection feature is EXTREMELY disappointing in its current form.

Right now, when a change is detected on a monitored Logix controller, a PDF report is generated. Unfortunately the PDF report is largely meaningless jibberish, aside from listing the user, processor date and time, and sometimes routine that has changed.

However, for a simple AFI of a rung, the PDF report contained over 30 different line items.

Often, a report would be generated simply from browsing the controller online.

As it is now, the Change Detect functionality doesn't add any value short of notifying when changes have been made, and even then I am dubious of what it reports.

For now, it would be likely best to stick to the Backup and Compare functionality. Hopefully Rockwell will improve on this feature in future releases.