Panelview 550

Jnelson

I am sure this is simple and I am missing something, but anyway...

I would like to know if anyone knows how to use the alarm acknowledge button on the panelview to write a value to a micrologix. What I want to do is, when I get an alarm and the banner pops up with the ack button, the operator pushes it to ack the alarm. When it is pushed I need to set a bit in the plc which i am using to unlatch some code.

I have tried everything I can to set this up but to no avail. If someone could give me a quick rundown, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for the help

Hi
What I do is this:
Create an "alarm ack" tag for each of the alarm triggers you have and make it an INT.
When the "ack" button is pressed, the PanelView writes an integer value to the alarm ack tag and this value is equivalent to the bit number of the trigger.

Alarm tag 0000010000000000
Press [ack]
PanelView writes 10 (decimal) to the equivalent alarm acknowledge tag (from the PanelView)

Then use the alarm ack tag to turn on that specific alarm's acknowledge bit. Like this...

OTE B3:1/[N7:0]
where B3:1/x is your 'reset' bits and N7:0 is the alarm ack tag.

My alarm latch logic looks like this...

BST XIC I:0.0/0 NXB XIC B3:0/1 XIO B3:1/1 BND OTE B3:0/1

where the I:0.0/0 is your fault, B3:0/1 is the alarm and B3:1/1 is the alarm's specific ack bit.

You'll need to turn off the Ack bit after the alarm has cleared...

AND B3:0 B3:1 B3:1 works fine.

There are simpler ways, but I don't want the operator to hit a RESET style button that resets every alarm without the operator seeing it.