1756-ENBT Fault:

sthompson

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
1756-ENBT Series A F/W Rev. 4.008.

While I was on holidays, this failed in an 1756 I/O Rack. They changed it out with a spare unit.

I have it in my Test Rack, and it shows FAIL T003 on the Status Display, and the OK LED is Solid Red.

I haven't had any luck in the Documentation or the Knowledgebase.

Anyone seen this one before?

Am I correct in thinking this unit is toast?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Stu....

Well since it has a solid red light and it's display shows fail, it's probably toast. Did you contact RA tech. support? Can you see it in Linx?

That sounds like a backplane ASIC failure. There were some suspect ones in the 2005-2007 timeframe.. that's the infamous "Atmel 64" issue.

If the module behaves the same in a test chassis, the issue is limited to the module itself. It's not recoverable but the module might be able to be remanufactured by RA.

Well since it has a solid red light and it's display shows fail, it's probably toast. Did you contact RA tech. support? Can you see it in Linx?

Haven't contacted RA, except to search for what Fail T003 means on the Knowledgebase, without any success. Nope, can't see it with RSLinx. It was being used as an I/O Adapter on a remote rack.

Stu.....

Last edited:
That sounds like a backplane ASIC failure. There were some suspect ones in the 2005-2007 timeframe.. that's the infamous "Atmel 64" issue.

If the module behaves the same in a test chassis, the issue is limited to the module itself. It's not recoverable but the module might be able to be remanufactured by RA.

Hi Ken:

Unit was manufactured 2011/04/07, and installed last August. It was being used as an I/O Adapter in a Remote Racks when it failed.

First time I have ever had an ENBT go bad on me, but I am sure it happens from time to time.

Stu.....