Electrical drawing program

Our company uses Solid Edge for mechanical 3D modeling, so we've gotten in the habit of using its 2D drafting component for electrical schematics. It comes with an electrical block library, but doesn't have the fancy specialized functions that you'll find in programs like AutoCAD Electrical (i.e. automatic wire numbering). We've found it to be sufficient for our use.

Solid Edge is pricey but they provide the 2D drafting program for free:
http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/products/velocity/solidedge/free2d/index.shtml

I use ELWIN, a real good and cheap electrical drawing with references and macros it costs 29 euro (about 40 dollar)
you can download a free complete working copy from 3xm.se
on the bottom is an english switch.

i use the constructor. it is costly, but it has a free trial. bonus is that it actually tests your wiring diagrams to help you find problems before you install it in the real world. thats what i really like it for. it saves you time that way, in the long run.

Eplan is really the best, but it does cost a lot of money that my boss does not want to spend.

I took a look at Elwin and it looks good, specially for what it costs.

Diaportable and Draftsight are my current choices. Mostly for sketch-ups to be passed along to the CAD jockey. Diaportable runs from a pendrivw so can be used on client computers without any installation.