RSView32 Beep and PlayWave no worky

24fretslater

In RSVIEW32 I am using an Event to display an alarm screen when an alarm happens. It works great. I simply use "(system\AlarmSummaryItemsUnacked>0) and (system\AlarmMostRecentSeverity<3)" (no quotes obviously) and in the action field "Display Alarm Summary". I found the info on how to do this on these forums thankfully. But let's say I replace the action field with Beep or PlayWave...it doesn't work at all. The only way I've been able to get alarms to beep is by using the checkbox "Internal Alarm Bell" in Alarm Setup. What could I be doing wrong? I realize that PlayWave is used with a <filepath> after it. Still doesn't work.

The only way I've been able to get alarms to beep is by using the checkbox "Internal Alarm Bell" in Alarm Setup.
That is the method that I have used. Internal Alarm Bell is the attached computer buzzer. To use any other, you need an external alarm horn or buzzer device.