Mitsubishi Programming Help

cmac2425

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am new to Mits PLC programming so I am unsure on a few functions. I am trying a really basic sequencer, making an individual coil high for a determined amount of time, then waiting 1 minute, then turning on the next coil for a determined amount of time, repeated indefinitely, and want to know how to do it. Here is a flow of the program:

Coils A, B, and C are outputs and Coil D is the 1 minute wait timer

Coil A is HIGH for 10 seconds
Coil A is LOW, Coil D is HIGH for 1 minute
Coil B is HIGH for 15 seconds
Coil B is LOW, Coil D is HIGH for 1 minute
Coil C is HIGH for 20 seconds
Coil C is LOW, Coil D is HIGH for 1 minute
Repeat

I have been using SM412 for the 1s clock to [INC D110], then [= D110 K10] to shut it off, but the sequence is missing something and doesn't seem like it's an efficient way to do it. Does anybody have any ideas for me out there? I just want to do this simple sequencer to get my feet wet and then I can move on to learn more about the Mits PLC.

Thanks

Hello,
I assume you are using a Q series (or L) for this, are you using GX Works 2 or GX Developer?

Also what language are you looking to use? If I were to do this I would program it in SFC, this type of sequencing events is ideal for SFC. Will work just the same in ladder, just not as clean.

-Dave

I am using a Q series PLC for this. GX Works 2 is my programming software and I am using ladder logic. I prefer ladder logic over SFC. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

As usual, put up what you have done and tell us where you are struggling.
The help will then come in bucket loads.

Not many will write the code for you without seeing what you have done first.

Here is my current project. As you can see, really short and sweet, but I just feel there is a more efficient way to do this. I am also looking for a compare function so that I can turn a coil high when the counter D910 is between 0 and 10 (10 second shot), same thing for D915 between 0 and 15 and D920 0 and 20. Let me know what thoughts everyone has...

Here are screenshots of my whole program. Sorry it's the only way I could get them all in was in separate .jpg It works exactly the way I want it to right now, just want to know if there is a more efficient way of doing this. Basically when the shot is on (either 10, 15 or 20 seconds long) it increments a few data registers. I also keep count of total shots and place the shot length into a register.

Here are the first 5 files, two more coming!

PART1.jpg PART2.jpg PART3.jpg PART4.jpg PART5.jpg

Here are the final two files from my program. Let me know what you think. Please keep in mind this is my first time programming in Mitsubishi, so I feel it is not efficient.

PART6.jpg PART7.jpg

I could not figure out the "done bit" on the timers so I went the simplistic way of increments registers and moving 0 in upon completion. Again, this is my first time using Mitsubishi so I am not familiar with the options, hence why I am asking for suggestions to simplify my programming. If I did this is AB or Seimens, I would have 4 or 5 rungs and be complete, as I am very familiar with their software.

cmac2425

the following is from GXdeveloper, but you should ge the idea

I've kept it simple (but longer than it could be)

Chris

Yes that is much simpler than the way that I did it. I was having trouble with the timers so I chose the long route. Timers are a lot easier than I was sweating over once I see that code. Thanks for the help! Also, thanks for showing me that there is an option to print out the ladder in pdf. A lot easier than print screens :geek:

cmac2425

Glad I could help, personally I would never use a timer with a constant value, ie. (T5 K600) I would use (T5 D100) and move the K600 in to the D100, this would mean I can adjust or set times in a startup routine or via an HMI etc.

Chris

I really like the versatility of the registers in Mitsubishi. Just like you said, when I start getting more advanced and add the HMI, I will use the registers for the timers, as I usually make a timer preset screen that you enter your timers presets.