Ascii barcode registers

peterdragon

Greetings,
I have an intermec 3400 barcode printer that is connected via a pro soft mv146-gsc caed in a slc 5-03 chassis. It gets data from an ascii register file. I need to move the print around on the labels sometimes for different models and part numbers. Sometimes numbers just dissappear when I change the number in the register file. And I have to download program back in it. For example regester a106-25 and a106-77 I change those numbers I lose part numbers and cant get them back even if I put origanal numbers back in. I suppose that has something to do with buffer files Mi. What I was wondering if anybody knows exactly what every register does in file. In register a106-7 will move bottom l/h part number vertically up or down, by increasing or decreasing number. I just would like to be sure of what I am doing as printer is in an assembly machine, and I don't want to disturb production if I have to redownload program. Hope there are some barcode guru out there. Thanks