Blened move speed change

dr_cronik

Hi all

I am using blended moves and need to change the speed of the active move and the queued move in the drive, I understand that I can change the speed of the active move using an MCD command but how do I change the speed of the queued move? Is there a way of cancelling the queued move and re-triggering it without affecting the motion?

So instead of using an MCD to change the active move speed I should merge a new move with the same destination and the new speed and then re-que the next move?

If you only have one MCLM active, I would think a MCD would suffice for a speed change. If you need to change the target position, a new MCLM with Merge enabled.

I haven't used an MCLM before, so I'd recommend you read up on it. Check out AB Publication MOTION-RM002B-EN-P

AN MCLM instruction allows you to send a move and then que the next move in the drive. The drive will then 'merge' into the queued move depending on the termination characteristics

Essensially you will have two move enabled in the code. one will be active .IP = 1 and the other will be enabled but not active.